Sunday, August 5, 2012

It's aaalliiivveeee

Everything is growing. The rain we've been having has been feeding our lawn and garden steroids. The only downfall is now we have to mow every week and in a few weeks I'll be overrun with tomatoes. I have about 50 green ones now. I know, I know, terrible things to complain about. 

So far this weekend I've been immersed in awesomely domesticated tasks. Lawns and weeds and vacuums, oh my. But what struck me the most is how well everything is doing (even the weeds, much to my dismay). 

I planted these a while ago on our deck and have since forgotten what they were. Dalhias maybe? They're finally blooming and I heart them. 


Then there's these guys. We have 4 of these trees in our yard and I have no idea what they are. All I know is they bloom every year, they're super pretty and they grow like weeds. 


 The garden is also doing well. I realize though that I planted far too many tomatoes. I have 3 rows. I'd better learn how to can them. 


Cucumber ready for the picking. 

I'm crossing my fingers that this little guy grows into a squash. I don't have any luck with squash (which is odd b/c they're the weed of veggies). 

 The other side of awesomely domesticated: The domesticated male. Steven has so far spent the weekend working on vehicles and bikes. That gets him greasy. 


And silly. 


Haha this photos totally makes my day. What a goof. 

I can't believe it's already August, this summer is flying by. As much as I want the months to drag on until I have to take the PE, I am seriously ready for the heat to go away. The mosquitos can go with it. Ugh.

Liz DiNatale


No comments:

Post a Comment